compress contains no classes.
The compress package is marked as Compatible, which means any game can use it.
- compressed = SCUtil.Compress(data[, level])
- This compresses a string with deflate. level is between 1 and 9, with 1 being slightly faster and 9 being much better compression. level defaults to 6.
- deflate has very little error tolerance, so combining this with the checksum method of your choice is wise.
- data = SCUtil.Uncompress(compressed, length)
- This is the reverse of Compress. length is an upper bound on the length of the uncompressed data. Setting this too high will waste a lot of memory, setting this too low will cause failure. This function will throw an error on failure.
Back to index